Thursday, April 05, 2012

Declutter

If you're like me, you have a pile of notebooks with your journals, "ideas", and angsty teenage love scratchings sitting in the corner of your room.  Or next to your computer.  What to do with all this paper?

I don't want to throw away recycle this, but I want to just...make it smaller.  Make it all smaller.  I wish I could snap my fingers and digitize half of my library.  Or just get one of those Wile E. Coyote Acme zappers and shrink it all down to the size of 1 box.  Or was that a de-moisture-izer, and it would all turn into a small cup of dust until, with the addition of a single drop of water, it would all magically scientifically reappear, re-materialize, re-matter?

What would be great would be if I could donate books to the local county library system with the stipulation that all titles would remain in circulation until I either move away, die, or, er, no longer care.  That way they'd be accessible to me and my fellow locals with good taste.  And that would solve my clutter problem.

Well, some of it.  I don't really foresee scanning all these notebook pages going back to the 80s in pdfs.  I just need more space!

No comments:

Post a Comment